Our PMI testing provides elemental composition and grade identification of alloys and carbon content of alloys, eliminating the need for material cutouts or laboratory analyses.
Shaw Pipeline Services helps operators and contractors identify and meet alloy and carbon steel regulatory requirements by performing Positive Material Identification (PMI) testing. Our team of experts helps determine the chemical composition of metal used and identifies carbon equivalency sections which do not meet the required standards. PMI/OES testing ensures materials are marked according to the owner’s specifications and verify manufacturer mill test reports are accurate before and after the materials are placed into service.
PMI testing allows clients to verify steel specification and helps operators identify their desired material properties for heat resistance, corrosion resistance and durability. Having the right material in place and knowing immediate carbon equivalency helps ensure safe and efficient welding practices while avoiding lost time, down time and loss of revenue.
With our fully portable PMI/OES testing system, our technicians are able to mobilize to any location and identify the metal quality and quantity of the material composition with uncompromising accuracy equivalent to laboratory results.
- Precise analysis of N*, C, P*, S*, Sn*, As* and B* determinations (*with UVTouch probe)
- High-resolution optics with closed carbon fiber construction, guarantees stable measuring results, even in motion and temperature changes
- Jet-stream technology for analysis of samples of irregular form, size and shape
- Rapid and accurate analysis
- Certifies components requiring NACE MR0175/ISO 15156
- Field testing with laboratory quality
- Reduced risk of company liability with documented information
- Fast audit times
- Compliance with local government and industry requirements
- Plant engineering and constructions
- Petrochemical and chemical
- Mechanical engineering
- Metal recycling
- Power plants
- Aviation and automotive