Enabling high production girth weld inspection and digital real time radiography with remote auditing capabilities utilizing Shawcor’s Remote Evaluation of Acquired Data During Acquisition (READDI) technology.
HDRTR Gen 2.0
- Double wall 42” O.D. capability
- Auto detection
- READDI capable
An Ideal Replacement for Conventional Radiography Testing!
We're excited to bring you the latest innovation in Radiography! SPS is the leading service provider of High Definition Real Time Radiographic (HDRTR) inspection of pipeline girth welds. HDRTR uses advanced x-ray generation and detection technology to provide Real Time Radiography where the X-ray image is displayed, analyzed and digitally stored as the image is being captured. With the highest resolution, faster cycle times, immediate results and no impact on the environment.
HDRTR is available from SPS in two basic configurations: Fully External Double Wall Single Image and Internal Crawler based Single Wall Single Image systems. Both systems use single or twin head detection systems that eliminate x-ray film costs, film chemicals and the need for a darkroom. Radiographic images are acquired and interpreted in real-time then archived to a database for storage of the inspection reports.
HDRTR not only represents a breakthrough in performance but also provides for a reduction in total inspection costs through increased productivity and no consumables compared to conventional radiographic testing. With state of the art equipment and highly trained Technicians, SPS continues to be the premier provider and industry leader in NDT services.
High Definition Real Time Radiography (HDRTR-DWSI)
Fully external system featuring patented advanced x-ray generation and detection technology. Ideal for inspection of tie-in welds, piggy back lines, use in pipe spool yards, in-service inspection applications and where an internal radiation source is difficult to employ.
Check out the Shaw Pipeline Services RTR-DWSI video
High Definition Twin Head Real Time Radiography (HDRTR-SWSI)
Twin head detector system which operates in conjunction with an internal crawler. Used for inspection of main-line welds, both onshore and offshore, in pipe spool yards, and in-service inspection applications.
Check out the Shaw Pipeline Services RTR-SWSI video
High Definition Large Diameter Real Time Radiography (HDRTR-LD SWSI)
An internal crawler equipped with a patented orbiting head x-ray tube synchronized with an advanced detection system. Utilized for inspection of: Large diameter 24” – 56” main-line welds (Both onshore and offshore), and pipe fabrication yards and in-service inspection applications.
SPS' High Definition Real Time Radiography (HDRTR) system can replace traditional NDT methods and provide digital radiographs, enabling remote auditing with Remote Evaluation of Acquired Data During Inspection (READDI), a safe working environment and simultaneous operations on-site.
Check out the Shaw Pipeline Services Orbital Crawler video
Advanced Technology and Maximum Efficiency
Our HDRTR uses a custom designed digital detector to acquire high quality images, which are interpreted using SPS' proprietary iXHDRTR software. Acquisition of images is instantaneous with no processing time and data is stored in duplicate for archival and instant audit review utilizing SPS' READDI. Our HD real time radiography systems are available in several configurations, using Single Wall Single Image and Double Wall Single Image (SWSI and DWSI), to suit a wide variety of pipe configurations between 2” – 60”.
- Expedited tie-in and HDD results (50% time saving typical)
- Directly acquired digital images versus long term storage and digitization of conventional radiographs
- Improved feedback to maintain control of welding process
- Minimal reshoots (Any additional time for reshoots does not impact client as they can be captured instantly)
REMOTE AUDITING CAPABILITIES READDI
READDI is a combination of technology used in the field and a cloud-based application that enables remote auditing of digital radiographs. The READDI system provides a means for the auditing team to audit each weld from anywhere in the world that an internet connection is available. READDI provides a historical inspection data platform that shows approved, rejected, repaired welds which in turn offers clients a digital database for their OPex PIM program.
- HDRTR removes the need for chemical processing of films and waste disposal is minimal
- High collimation means smaller barrier distances and significantly reduced doses and risk to personnel. (100’ Gamma versus 25’ RTR X-ray)
- External equipment can be E-stopped, unlike conventional crawlers
- No requirements for gamma sources for exposure
- No requirement for gamma tracing on internal equipment
- Images are acquired in near real time allowing interpretation during exposure
- Equipment is designed to be mounted on a mobile or static platform
- Modular design allows fast repair, maintenance and adaptability in the field
- Highly stable software and component design allow use in harsh environments
- Ease of use and portability allow use in high production
- Reduced number of personnel required for operation of equipment
- Faster feedback for control of welding process
- Capability to inspect welds almost immediately post-weld
- May be used to inspect root pass, repair excavations, transitions and varied pipe wall thicknesses in one scan
- Highly sensitive digital detector and SPS developed iXHDRTR software provide superior real time radiography image quality not just in comparison to film but also to other DR systems
- Digital images enable immediate clarification of debateable welds by remote experts
- Image archival and recall allows audit and review to be conducted with ease