- Composite Mechanical Protection for directionally drilled pipelines
- Announcement: Canusa-CPS newly released Scar-Guard Mechanical Protection
- Superior mechanical protection to field joint coatings on directionally drilled pipelines
The patented Scar‑Guard® line of products is designed to protect field joint and mainline coatings from the mechanical stresses and scarring associated with horizontal directional drilling (HDD), boring and micro-tunneling of pipelines.
Effective March 13, 2017, Houston, TX, USA: NRI and Shawcor are excited to announce their strategic global partnership and exclusive distribution agreement relating to Scar-Guard® and Scar-Guard® XL composite products specific to in-trench pipeline coating protection for directional drilling applications. Both parties look forward to driving down user risks associated with horizontal directional drilling (HDD), thrust boring and micro-tunneling through superior mechanical protection.
Shawcor and NRI Strategic Global Partnership
Scar-Guard® line of products fits perfectly within Shawcor’s Canusa-CPSTM
brand of field-applied pipeline coating products, bolstering Canusa’s mechanical protection technology offering. For more information please visit Canusa-CPS Scar-Guard
To arrange product application training, demonstrations or for pricing information, please contact
your Shawcor sales representative.
Canusa-CPS Scar-Guard line of products minimizes the need for costly repairs after pull back, and provides long-term protection of the underlying pipeline coating
Scar-Guard is a composite abrasion resistant overcoat comprised of fiberglass cloth and pre-impregnated flexible resin that is activated by water and cured within minutes. This sacrificial outer laminate system protects pre-approved anticorrosion field joint coatings and mainline coatings such as FBE, liquid epoxies, shrink sleeves, and tapes.
Canusa-CPS Scar-Guard Abrasion Resistant Overcoat (ARO)
Canusa-CPS Scar-Guard features and benefits:
- Unparalleled protection against impact, abrasion, gouge, punctures and tears
- Moisture cured, composite system used to protect the anti-corrosion system
- Prevents abrasion over the weld bead
- Fast curing, field-friendly installation
- Works with cathodic protection systems
- Simply wrapped onto the existing coatings surface and activated by water
- Pre-impregnated moisture cured polyurethane resin means - no field mixing or saturation required!
Canusa-CPS Scar-Guard project success:
Canusa-CPS Scar-Guard Project Success
||Onshore, Natural Gas Pipeline
|Country or Location
||United States of America
||HDD Field-Joint Protection
For more information please contact us to arrange product application training, demos and pricing.